Disk Drill 1.6.173 | Mac OSX | 24 Mb
Disk Drill is a free Mac data recovery software designed natively for Mac OS: easily protect your files from accidental deletion with Recovery Vault and recover lost data from Mac disks. When something is deleted Recovery Vault makes it possible to recover not only the file itself, but also its properties, such as original file name, location, etc. So you will always be able to recover data from Mac files system (HFS/HFS+) & FAT32 partitions. Disk Drill also includes powerful S.M.A.R.T. disk monitoring right out-of-the-box; you can monitor your disks' hardware status and get automatic notifications of potential failures or other issues. If a disk or partition is failing, you can easily backup it into a disk image (DMG) which can later be mounted for recovery.
Disk Drill PRO also features a number of advanced scanning modes for data recovery of FAT, NTFS, HFS/HFS+, other file systems and formatted (initialized) drives. Using Quick Scan you can locate deleted items on FAT and NTFS disks, this scanning method is fast and accurate, but is unlikely to find data deleted long ago. With Deep Scan you can try to recover data from any disk or memory card regardless of their file system. This recovery method is long and thorough, it scans your disk in a binary mode and is capable of finding deleted files even after formatting.
Disk Drill is a professional but extremely simple Mac data recovery software that helps you rescue data on your Mac disks, external or internal hard drives, memory cards, cameras, iPods Classic, etc. So if your hard drive was damaged, or you accidentally deleted your favorite photos, music, videos and other data, no worries about data loss. Disk Drill will recover deleted files on your Mac!
If you don't want someone to undelete what you removed but it's still protected by Recovery Vault, you can specify a Master Password to protect your configuration of Disk Drill, Mac data recovery software by CleverFiles. Additionally, Disk Drill Mac Recovery features convenient scan sessions management, so you can scan a 2TB disk recovery, pause it, save a scanning session and continue it in a couple of days or even weeks (presuming you don't use the target drive to prevent data from being overwritten). You can even install Disk Drill in Portable Mode and run data recovery from your USB Flash drive.
- Better preview navigation of the found items (cursor up/down or mouse wheel to switch files, mac os x 10.6, 10.7 only)
- New file signatures added: ps (postscript), eps (encapsulated postscript), psb (photoshop large document format), cdr (coreldraw 7-15, up to x5), ani (windows animated cursor), mid (midi), idf (midi instruments definition file)
- Smart filtering of the scanning results removes inconsistent items from the list
- Improved recovery of large files (iso > 1gb, mov (m4v, mp4) > 4gb, mpg, m2ts, mkv > 4gb)
- Fixed: deep scan session saving and loading
- Fixed: freezes when scanned disk is dismounted during scanning
- Fixed: mounted disk status when loading a scanning session
- Fixed: various exceptions and possible crashes
PPC / Intel, Mac OS X 10.5 or later